What’s up in June and July at Cairns Hockey
- It’s full steam ahead with local fixtures across the next few weeks
- Great club spirit through-out the association with lots of positive achievements to celebrate
- Souths had a fantastic club night while Saints celebrate opening their new lighting at Pezzutti Park 21st June 2019
- continuing to engage with Atherton Hockey and next meeting set for 17th June 2019 in Atherton
- Megan is on leave and will return Tuesday 4th June 2019
- Mili and Lola will be covering as best as possible to be available for inquiry when the office is open
- Office will be closed on Monday 3rd June 2019 to generally catch up and will re-open on Tuesday 4th June 2019.
- School Boys 13-19 state champs this week at Gold Coast – good luck to all our players competing
- Masters Women teams compete in their state champs 7th -9th June 2019
- School Girls 13-19 13th – 16th June 2019 – we are working with school sport around the hosting of this event
- State Under 13 Girls – Champs in Cairns July 7th – 10th
- If your club wants to be involved in fund raising activities during these upcoming events – please contact Megan at email@example.com understanding you will not get a reply until next week. We will send through a preliminary plan for the school girls by end of next week.
- Congrats on the contributions made across Hawthorn Shield and Great Barrier Reef Masters Games
- Promoting Junior Programs at Cairns Hockey – Thanks Jayden for putting this together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-Ai10mpiE&t=52s
Board looking at the current Master Plan to support infra structure advancement across the site and it was used to support the funding grant of $143K to renovate and upgrade facilities in the old clubhouse facility. Other identified infrastructure improvements include
- upgrade amenities old clubhouse
- Reef Turf Replacement 2021/2022
- Upgrade perimeter fencing
- LED lighting upgrades across the facility
- Ongoing discussions re – Multi Purpose Sports Facility – Indoor Hockey
- High Performance Centre – old clubhouse
- Stage 2 Upgrade New Clubhouse
Important to consider the priority list and ensure we have all preliminary plans/approvals in order to place ourselves in strongest position if monies become
available. There is a need to identify what is required to complete the current upgrade and this is precisely the agenda item for facilities management team meeting 5th June 2019
Aligning with this discussion is how do we use the facility upgrades to increase additional non-member revenue and part of this discussion includes – which capital facility do we use moving forward for staff and then can we offer the facility not being used for revenue raising opportunities.
The Board is focusing on how we can increase non member revenue across the organization and as a result has identified Facility Services as a key focus area to drive increase non member revenue. It is part of a general review and the aim is to position Cairns Hockey is a strong position to take advantage of the new improvements both for our members and expand opportunities into the general community
The next Board Meeting 25th June 2019 will focus on the expansion of the Aspire Program and how collaborating in this space and engaging with strong community partnerships can bring sustaining advantages to the general membership of Cairns Hockey. The Board will continue its reviews and assessments of how Cairns Hockey can strengthen its strategic priorities across participation, member services, local and regional competition and events, facility, and pathways ad growth and how the volunteer and employed workforce can support this.
Its great to see officiating committee progressing the mentoring and training of our officials.
The $2.7m improvements are almost complete with the BBQ area and some identified issues like netting, more furniture, grassing/concreting still be finalized.
Recycling Bins will be positioned across the facility in the upcoming weeks and we hope everyone will embrace this and we can start revenue raising together.
- Under 18 and Under 13 Programs in full swing
- Masters Women’s Teams getting ready for Mackay
- Uniform Presentations – Wednesday 26th June 2019 at new clubhouse
More teams will be announced this week including Under 18 Girls
Information Sessions for Rep Programs
Health Management Session
Matt Hart from Health Management Dietitians will be running a health management information session relating to representative programs and all interested managers and coaches are invited – Thursday 20th June 5.30 – 6.30pm New changing room Reef Turf
Managers Information Meeting
This information session will work through all requirements to prepare the representative team mangers for their duties at State Championships. Megan will be delivering these sessions and will be held for convenience after the Health Management Session above – Thursday 20th June 6.30 – 7.00pm New changing rooms Reef Turf – this will be confirmed by Megan next week on her return from leave
Social Media Presentation
Cairns Hockey will be delivering these information and awareness session for all Under age teams.
Under 18 Teams – Time to be confirmed
Under 13 Teams – Wednesday 3RD or Thursday 4th July ( U13 teams only) New changing rooms – will confirm in due course
Hosting School Girls 13-19 State Hockey Championships – 13th – 17th June 2019
- looking forward to hosting this state championship
- opportunities for clubs to fundraise
- supporting our local players playing in a home event
- incorporating some Aspire collaboration with Welcome to Country and some leadership opportunities
- opportunities for officiating support
- volunteers appreciated – contact Megan Schenk at Cairns Hockey Office
Saints celebrate new lights at Pezzutti Park 21st June 2019
- congratulations to Saints Hockey Club for the improvements on site and the wonderful lighting available
- good opportunities for the future
- formal celebrations Friday 21st June 2019 at 5.30pm
- great collaboration seeing Pezzutti Park players having some turf time at Cairns Hockey later in the year
Under 13 Girls State Championships – Cairns – July 2019
- Its great to have a home championship and we look forward to working together to deliver a great event
- Club fundraising opportunities are available- contact Megan or Julie
- BBQ facilities available
- Lots of volunteers required
- 3 Cairns teams selected so we will have plenty of opportunities to cheer for our teams
- lots more information to come
St Monica’s hosting Gowerton School Touring Hockey Team Saturday 3rd August 2019 at Cairns Hockey at 11.45am.
Cairns Hockey looks forward to welcoming the touring Welsh school from Swansea. Take a look at its hockey programs here http://www.gowerton.com/blog/category/news/extra-curricular/all-sport/hockey/
What's on at Cairns Hockey
16/09/2019 - 20/09/2019
U11 Cairns Teams - Karumba Festival of Sport
karumba rec club, Karumba Queensland
22/09/2019 - 25/09/2019
|Under 15 State Championships - Boys Warwick|
22/09/2019 - 25/09/2019
|Under 15 State Championships Girls - Gladstone|