Recruiting Plans 2019 – Lets have a chat
2019 Club Recruitment Support, Schools and Come and Try Plans
- Cairns Hockey has begun its 2019 Recruitment through ongoing collaboration with schools and delivering hockey clinics in Term 4
- Information has been sent to schools requesting time to attend schools and promote the 2019 Introduction and Come and Try Program
- Cairns Hockey staff will be working in January to deliver posters and signs promoting Come and Try and Sign On Days
- Cairns Hockey has had preliminary meetings with Star 102.7 and a media support package valued at over $24K has been agreed to and will be delivered through Star102.7 and 4CA. Star 102.7 will produce radio ads and promotions and will broadcast them in a period 10-14 days leading up to key events including our Sign On, Events and Come and Try
- Cairns Hockey will produce information and shared with clubs and we hope clubs will use their connections with schools to have the information included in newsletters and other sites
- Cairns Hockey will also run a social media promotion and will link into the Hockey Qld promotion which we will share when we have particulars and confirmation from Hockey Qld
Recruitment Schedule 2019
Subject to any sport and rec BIGGEST SIGN ON Program dates being published –
- CAIRNS HOCKEY WILL HAVE A OPEN DAY/HOCKEY EXPO on Friday 22 February 2019 which will also be the sign on for P Programs – No charge for attending but there will be an Introductory Pack available for a set fee that can be purchased – promotion and organization of this Open Day (like the old Hook in2 Hockey) will driven through Cairns Hockey and we invite the clubs to collaborate and support this opportunity
- This will be supported by a COME AND PLAY HOCKEY FOR FREE IN FEBRUARY when Cairns Hockey will be delivering Junior Come and Try Clinics on Friday afternoon for free during the month of 1st,8th 15th 22nd and 1st March 2019.
- It is anticipated before sign on and at sign on Clubs can assist in fun skills and drills and small sided games to introduce young people to the sport will be delivered and directed through Cairns Hockey and after sign on the clubs can be in attendance and use the time to also assist in getting teams confirmed and mentor programs for community coach upskilling will be available.
- This will all lead into the opening of the new facilities on 8th March 2019 when there will be opportunity to play exhibition and fun matches with parents/ with older players – all this is to be confirmed
- The next week 15th March will be season start
- We ask that Clubs contact Wesley Ferns to coordinate their club recruitment programs
- This will be re- confirmed at the club forum on 2nd February 2019 and organizational details will be discussed taking into account the new facilities and what impact this will have
To begin this recruitment, we invite clubs to attend a preliminary briefing meeting on Thursday 6th December 2018 at 5.30pm at Cairns Hockey and on the agenda is the collaborations with the clubs regarding school promotion and recruitment in 2019 and preliminary information on what assistance may be required and communication processes for 2019 – please reply back to Wes Ferns to confirm attendance.
What's on at Cairns Hockey
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
CHA Board Meeting
Cairns Hockey Office, Cairns North Queensland