President Dr Pozzi invites you to Cairns Hockey $2.7m Facility Upgrade Official Opening 13th April 2019
A Project 30 months in the making will come to fruition 13th April 2019 6.30pm when the $2.7m upgraded facilities will be officially open
I have been trying to keep everyone updated as best as possible and can confirm the following in relation to the next 2 weeks regarding building upgrade information –
1. This week all services will continue to be delivered out of old Clubhouse and old canteen
2. 8th April 2019 – 12th April 2019 – CHA will transition services to the new building
3. We are asking for volunteer assistance especially from teenage members to assist us during school holidays and we can provide food vouchers to be redeemed at the new canteen as payment. If you can share this information with your members, this will be appreciated.
4. Our plan is to have the new bar open on Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th and then again on Saturday 13th remembering no games on Friday 12th due to school holidays.
5. Our plan is to open the new canteen 13th April 2019.
13TH October 2019 at 6.30pm – opening function 6.00pm – 7.00pm
There will be invitations sent to invited guests but we are inviting members also to come and be part of the official celebration as well
There will be an unveiling of a plaque between the B Grade and A Grade games to ensure limited disruption 6.30pm
We welcome all members and supporters to join us at the new Link Building between Reef and Rainforest from 6pm – 7pm to celebrate the opening of the upgraded facilities. After the official events – stick around for some special celebration
Original Sketches – the vision
Cairns Hockey Facility Management Team – volunteer committee developing the vision, values and bringing together hockey knowledge and understanding aligned with skill and experience across construction and project management. Thanks to Life Members Nick Hardy, Mark Fry and Greg Gilboy, supported by Phil Druery, Ken Norman, Dr Robert Pozzi and Julie McNeil
TPG Architects – bring this vision into a design concept and overall master planning direction
Russell Keir – Keir Constructions for the commitment he made, the quality of the outcome and the support of all contractors and consultants to this project.
What's on at Cairns Hockey
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
CHA Board Meeting
Cairns Hockey Office, Cairns North Queensland