Play Hockey in Cairns | Cairns Hockey
Five great reasons to get into Hockey in Cairns
- Hockey has been played in Cairns for nearly 90 years and currently we have over 1400 members, so you probably know someone who plays hockey.
- Great way to make new friends, have lots of fun and keep fit.
- Supports the development of fundamental motor skills in the young.
- It can take you around the world, even to the Olympics.
- It helps you learn life skills like discipline, commitment, respect and encourages you to think more about doing it for the team.
Play Hockey in Cairns | Program Information
COME AND TRY PROGRAMS
Cairns Hockey will runs a range of FREE Come and Try Hockey Programs across the Cairns Region as part of the PLAY HOCKEY recruitment and growth programs.
Contact Megan Schenk at Cairns Hockey for information on when the next Program is scheduled. Phone 40532308 or email@example.com
Details of specific events will be promoted through our Facebook page and on this site.
Indoor Hockey starts 2nd week in October and is played for 10 weeks with the Finals played in the 2nd week in December usually.
More information can be found at http://www.cairnshockey.com.au/cairns-hockey-indoor-competition
Indoor Hockey is played at Fretwell Park Bentley Park
Indoor Hockey Committee is responsible for recommending to CHA competitions committee and Board all matters relating to the delivery of this competition across Cairns.
Under 13 and Under 15 Cairns Representative Teams will attend State Championships provided there is sufficient nominations
For more information contact Megan Schenk at 40532308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Athletes Travel Subsidy Scheme
Up to $1,200 for young athletes in Cairns. For more information please visit this website.
2019 Cairns Hockey "STATE OF MIND SUPPORT PROGRAM" a collaboration with LIVIN FOR HOCKEY and designed to promote mental health awareness
2019 State of Mind Support Program at Cairns Hockey
- collaboration with NQPHN and is designed to increase awareness around challenges associated with mental health
- added a collaboration with Livin for Hockey to value add to the work the hockey community is doing to support this community challenge
- invited local Cairns Clubs to be involved to expand the influence and impact
Liz Reichardt , Barbie Simonis, Sharni Dowling and Melody Broad – supported by Julie McNeil and Megan Schenk – we continue to seek some male representation on the this volunteer committee
- Support Cairns Hockey to take a leadership role in encouraging healthy and inclusive conversations around mental health
- Increase Cairns Hockey’s understanding of depression, anxiety and mental health and the risks associated with alcohol and drug use
- Connect clubs and members with local mental health services such as general practitioners, agencies and community health organisations
- Build clubs and member’s capacity through activities such as mental health literacy workshops and information sessions led by industry experts