Cairns Hockey | LIVIN FOR HOCKEY – Competitions in Cairns
Cairns Hockey has been conducting Senior Hockey Competition for nearly 90 years.
Quick Links to Senior and Masters Hockey Results and Draws.
Cairns Hockey Competition Committee
CAIRNS HOCKEY COMPETITIONS ADVISORY COMMITTEE – TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. The Cairns Hockey Association Competitions Advisory Committee (the Competitions Committee) provides advice and recommendations to the CHA Board and CEO on the following:-
(i) local competition structures and strategic development of CHA local and regional competitions, and;
(ii) development, implementation and review of CHA Competition Rules, By‐Laws and Regulations for the Competition
2. In advising the Board/CEO, the Committee will have regard to:
(i) financial implications of the Committee’s advice, where relevant, and;
(ii) the impact on players, officials and volunteers
(iii) the impact of CHA Operational requirements
(iv) the public image and reputation of CHA
3. Board/CEO may refer a matter to the Competitions Committee for consideration and advice.
4. The Board/CEO may take the advice of the Competitions Committee into account in making a decision on a matter.
5. The Competitions Committee will appoint a member of its committee to the following committees (i) Junior Committee (ii) Officiating Committee (iii) Indoor Committee
6. The Committee will meet at least four times a year, preferably in January, April, July and October and any other times as may be required
7. A simple majority of members is needed to support a motion of advice to the Board/CEO. Dissenting views may be recorded at the discretion of the Chair.
8. The CHA Competitions Advisory Committee comprises:
a. one representative member from each Hockey Club affiliated with CHA
b. Regional Coaching Director- Chair .
c. Minute Secretary if required
9. Minutes of committee meetings will be recorded by the secretariat and kept on file in the CHA office.
10. All Committee Minutes will be posted on this page
LIVIN FOR HOCKEY - TEAMMATES FOR LIFE Senior and Masters Hockey in Cairns
|A GRADE Men and Women|
Cairns Premier Competition supported by “LIVIN FOR HOCKEY – TEAM MATES FOR LIFE ” is played on a Saturday at the Cairns Hockey Facility. Join us at the Reef and Rainforest Turfs, where you will see high level hockey competition from 3pm – 9pm each Saturday.
|B GRADE Men and Women|
The B Grade competition has been reinvigorated and is designed to provide a great development competition to under-in the Premier A Grade competition. These games are also played in Reef and Rainforest Turf, between 3pm-9pm each Saturday.
|C GRADE Men and Women|
This provides a great social atmosphere, where the competitive urges remain but are not as prioritized as in A and B Grade. This provides an opportunity for people returning to the game, who are looking for a great opportunity to engage in fun and team type activities. These games are scheduled between 1pm – 3.30pm each Saturday afternoon.
|Masters Men and Women|
There is a vibrant and social Masters Hockey Competition in Cairns. Women’s Games are played on Wednesday evening from 7pm | Men’s Games are played on a Thursday evening, from 7pm.
|2018 Cairns Hockey Calendar, Fees and Charges, Forms|
The Cairns Hockey Board will have the fees and charges and the confirmed 2019 calendar of events and competition available in October 2018.
Please contact Cairns Hockey Office on 07 40532308 if you require any further information
Cairns Hockey Summer 6’s
The Summer 6’s is a social competition of mixed teams, 6-a-side, played from October to January each year. More information will be posted about the 2016 competition dates, time and requirements in August 2016. Meantime, please visit our Summer Sixes page.
For anything further contact Cairns Hockey at email@example.com
What's on at Cairns Hockey
08/10/2018 - 12/12/2018
5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
2018 Indoor Hockey Competition
Fretwell Park, Cairns Queensland
08/10/2018 - 06/12/2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
SUMMER 6'S AT CAIRNS HOCKEY
Cairns Hockey – Rutherford St Entrance, Cairns North Queensland
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
|24th November 2018 - CLUB MEMBERS FORUM|
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
2018 Annual General Meeting
Cairns Hockey Clubhouse, Cairns North Queensland