Let’s Talk Protecting Our Children at Cairns Hockey
Child protection is about keeping children and young people safe from abuse and protecting them from people who are identified as unsuitable to work with children. All children have a right to be safe when participating in sport and recreation activities. While there is no national law, all states and territories have child protection laws to keep children safe and protect them from abuse.
Cairns Hockey Requirements
Cairns Hockey adopted Hockey Queensland Policy on Child Protection
To assist in minimizing risk to our children, we have asked clubs to collaborate with us this year in
- encouraging clubs to require Blue Cards for all volunteers working with children in their club
- This includes coaches, managers, junior coordinators, mentors, officials and other
- recently we have contacted the clubs and offered that CHA would manage the register of Blue Cards to assist in alleviating the volunteer burden that this administration creates.
Cairns Hockey Practices
- All staff and volunteers working with children across Cairns Hockey Programs (not club activities) require Blue Card
- Representative Team Coaches and Managers require Blue Card
- Applications can be obtained by contacting Megan at CHA office on email@example.com
- Cairns Hockey is happy to work with clubs and individuals to progress practices that reduce the risk to children
- We look to address these issues as a work in progress and actively encourage clubs to do the same.
What's on at Cairns Hockey
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
CHA March Board Meeting
Cairns Hockey Association, Cairns Queensland