I WANT SOME OF THIS – NEW PRE -SEASON COMPETITION 2019 – PART OF THE REFRESHED CAIRNS ACADEMY PROGRAM-
- It’s time to try some-thing new
- focus on skills, fitness, intensity and game strategy
- coordinate with some facility testing prior to the season proper starting
- Hockey Queensland Board is currently deliberating options regarding our State Senior Men and Women’s competitions
- There is a distinct possibility, that the current Super League competition will remain however revert to an Association based event. In short that means we go back to Cairns sending a Senior Men and Women’s teams to State Championships.
- To assist in the preparation of the above and to expand our training programs through the Cairns Regional Hockey Academy, the following will be in place pre-season 2019. These programs will replace the previous President Cup format however will still be played for the Presidents Cup.
Proposed competition will be as follows
When Friday 15/2
Saturday 9/3 – finals as part of CHA new facility opening
- Where Reef and Rainforest Turfs
- Times TBC – possibly Game 1, 6.00 pm and Game 2, 7.15pm.
- Cost $20.00 per player, covers all four (4) games
- Teams names to be confirmed
(i) Team 1 Cairns Senior Men/Women born in Cairns
(ii) Team 2 Cairns Under 18 as above
(iii) Team 3 All Stars/Elsewhere senior players NOT born in Cairns
(iv) Team 4 Tablelands/Tomahawks senior players from tablelands
NOMINATIONS THROUGH THE CAIRNS HOCKEY ACADEMY ARE NOW OPEN.
STEP 1 NOMINATE NOW
To nominate please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and advise David of your availability and include
- Nomination for Player/Coach/Manager
- Date of Birth
- Which team above are you nominating for
- Contact Details
- Cairns Hockey will create a selection panel for Cairns based teams and assist in selection of All Stars
- Assist Atherton where and if require
- Liaise with Umpire and Technical committee regarding officiating
- Additional tasks as required
- Once we know its happening
- Officiating Committee will coordinate umpires and officials – if you are interested in umpiring/officiating let Bruce Jones Walker know on email@example.com
- Cairns Hockey will promote and share
With the opening of the new facility just around the corner and to assist preparation in a number of different areas, it has been decided to try something NEW.
If you want to know any more detail contact David McNeil on 40532308 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Exciting times are ahead and we look forward to the implementation of NEW Academy Programs throughout 2019. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING
What's on at Cairns Hockey
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
CHA Board Meeting
Cairns Hockey Office, Cairns North Queensland