CHA BOARD MEETING JANUARY 2019 – SUMMARY
Cairns Hockey Board met on 29th Jan 2019 and the following is a summary for your club’s information.
Board looked at its role through 2019 to
• Oversee governance in 2019
• Drive strategic and future planning – across recruitment, future competition focuses, pathways
• Lengthy discussion on the importance of recruitment – CHA commitment to equity and delivering increased awareness of the sport
• Decision Making Processes and Transparency of Process
• Discussion on the extent of sub-committee and how oversight will be delivered
• All sub committees will have governance expectations delivered to them to ensure we drive transparency of process
• Competitions Committee will have oversight of Indoor/Junior and Officiating Committee to assist in this process
• New rules approved
• Processes for applying for special circumstances discussed and a stricter compliance of time frames will be addressed – still ensuring our aim is to assist people playing rather than restricting participation but within equity principles
• Website access to these decisions on a weekly basis
• Board has identified new 3 year Aspire Strategy Planning as a priority
• Board has identified Indoor and Social Competition future formats and delivery as a priority
• Sub Committee Terms of Reference were accepted and nominations for positions will be open in the next week with appointments next Board Meeting
• Committees will be asked to meet and feedback their 2019 priority matters
• Judiciary Policy approved and our Judiciary will be delivered in accordance with this policy
• Current penalties will be reviewed at the workshop for comment
• Child Protection is of paramount consideration and CHA Policy now required all coaches and managers of teams where junior under 18 players participate to have a Blue Card. There is some modifications in the P programs where only 1 team official is required. CHA is being pro-active and will assist in ensuring this to be rolled out by Easter 2019.
• A Blue Card register will be held at Cairns Hockey
• Cairns Representative Team Officials are already required to hold a Blue Card and this will continue.
• More information will follow to assist with roll out.
• Workshop was discussed and all information contained in associated email to clubs.
• Aiming for building completion late February – rain will delay this
• Official opening not until late March but a Soft Opening 9th March 2019 is an opportunity to test the facility and play finals of pre-season and opportunity for juniors – discuss further at the workshop
• Confirmed new front entrance will be close to the pool/tennis carpark near Grass Field 4- this will be promoted as our front entrance and only entrance/exit when licencing times are active – more information to follow
• Data Base and Competition Portal disrupted and this is frustrating and out of our control. Cannot advise with any certainty when registration portal will be on line. We will keep updating when information is shared with us
• David McNeil was invited and presented to Board across Competition Committee matters/HPAG and Talent pathways and recruitment .
• Supports pre-season format for 2019 and looks with interest on how it will be received and delivered
• Still no word on return of State Open/Premier League format from Hockey Qld – disappointed in this response
• In discussions with Atherton Teams about 2019 however CHA competition is the priority
next meeting TUESDAY 26TH FEB 2019
A significant number of these topics will be addressed at the upcoming workshop. If you seek any further information, please contact Julie McNeil on email@example.com
NOMINATIONS FOR SUB COMMITTEES
Get involved with CHA – the following sub committee opportunities are available
What's on at Cairns Hockey
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
CHA Board Meeting
Cairns Hockey Office, Cairns North Queensland