Cairns Hockey – Community Support – Community Collaboration
Through its 92 years plus of delivering and supporting hockey across the region, Cairns Hockey has always been a leader and committed to looking after each other and supporting the cairns community across well-being, education and safety.
As we celebrate and lead into opening of the new upgraded facility – it is a great time to also celebrate the value added benefits cairns Hockey offers to its members and the inclusive programs that offer support to the community of Cairns and beyond.
Cairns Hockey is a not for profit association of members all working towards delivering hockey services but it has for decades, recognized that our members are also part of the community of cairns and as such are subject to health, education, economic and well-being challenges faced in the general community This is a time to share and recognize the role our hockey community plays in supporting the community benefit programs across the region.
Our 4 clubs actively support these programs highlighting the commitment hockey members make to deliver high quality support programs across the region.
Currently Cairns Hockey is involved in the following community benefit programs Aspire to be Deadly – Learn Well- Live Well- Lead Well – Livin For Hockey Road Safety- A Promise to Stay Safe
BDO Nth Qld ASPIRE TO BE DEADLY – delivered through Cairns Hockey
- partnering with Department Prime Minister and Cabinet to deliver education and leadership opportunities for indigenous young women and girls
- partnering with BDO Nth Qld to support mentor and leadership programs for indigenous young women and girls through Aspire to be Deadly
- partnering with Hockey Queensland to support Talent pathways opportunities for young indigenous girls
- partnering with Just Hockey to provide access to resources to support Aspire to be Deadly
- 2019 partnering with School Sport in focusing on Aspire to be Deadly at the 13-19 State Schools Hockey Champs in 2019 in Cairns
- 2019 nominee Qld Reconciliation Awards – Partnerships category
- 2019 establishing an Advisory Board to build towards sustaining practices support hockey community
CAIRNS WEST STATE SCHOOL – Learn Well Live Well Lead Well Program
- community collaboration which supports opportunity for indigenous young women and girls increasing school attendance
- includes leadership programs
- includes well-being and mentor programs
- building sustainable practices
- improves life choices and opens opportunities not otherwise available
- 2 teams in P5-6 programs
- involvement in Talent Pathways
LIVIN FOR HOCKEY AND CAIRNS HOCKEY
The State of Mind Program is a highly Visible Awareness Campaign designed to attract the attention of our membership and promote conversations around reducing the stigma, increasing the knowledge and understanding of mental health and its impact and recognizing the warning signs and finally providing opportunities to seek assistance and support
Currently we have banners/ posters and a promotional wall all designed to raise awareness and provide reduce stigma around the mental health challenges
Road Safety – A Promise to Stay Safe
Keep an eye out for Cairns Hockey Juniors near the end of the video – they do a great job
Cairns Hockey has been an active partner in this promotion launching after Easter.
What's on at Cairns Hockey
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
CHA Board Meeting
Cairns Hockey Office, Cairns North Queensland